Integration of react-native code into Android & iOS native applications - Best practices?

(Michael Noy) #1

Hi all,

I have a native Android and iOS applications I would like to add some ReactNative code inside a specific view (One of the application tabs). Would like to understand the following:

1. Is it possible to put a react native into a single view which is not a whole screen?
  2. Currently, the iOS and Android applications are managed in separate git repositories. When reading the guide how to ingtegrated a react native code into a native project I understood that I need to change my project structure and embed the native code into dedicated folders (/android and /ios). As I understand, I’ll have to abandon the platform specific git repositories and to open a dedicated react native project that will manage the android and ios native projects. That’s not so simple for me because I have some active feature branches pending merge in the future and I would like to save them. Is there any better solution?
  3. When running a hosting iOS & Android project with a small portion of react native code, is there any performance hit ? Any build time hit?

Thanks,
Michael.

(Mark Wallace) #2

Hi Michael

we also have the same issue, did you find a solution?

thanks
Mark